Founded in 1880, The American Canoe Association (ACA) is a national nonprofit organization serving the broader paddling public by providing education related to all aspects of paddling; stewardship support to help protect paddling environments; and sanctioning of programs and events to promote paddlesport competition, exploration and recreation.
The ACA believes it is our role to:
- Provide the general public with FUN paddlesport opportunities
- Make paddling education and instruction accessible
- Improve access to all paddling venues
- Expand paddlesport to people of all abilities and to the underserved
- Influence stewardship issues and public policy that affect paddlers and the paddling experience
- Promote paddlesports competition at the local, regional and national levels
- Create strategic alliances with clubs and other organizations that represent the outdoor experience in order to expand awareness and knowledge of paddlesport
- Communicate the benefits of canoeing, kayaking, rafting and stand up paddleboarding as healthy lifetime recreation activities
The heart of the ACA is the people who paddle, cherish and protect the rivers, lakes, streams, bays and oceans of the United States and beyond.