This is the premier event for colleges and universities from across the country to compete in canoe, kayak, and SUP racing. There will be individual as well as team races in SUP, kayak and both solo and tandem canoes. Whether you have an experienced paddling program or one that is just starting up, attendance at the National Championships will provide camaraderie, networking, and of course all the fun associated with racing! More importantly, once a student experiences the fun and excitement of paddlesports they will be able to carry those skills and enthusiasm past their collegiate years and develop it into a family and lifetime activity.
- November 1-2, 2014
- That's right - we're having two National Championships in 2014!
- The Collegiate Race Series will then be on a new schedule - state and regional races in the early fall, and the National Championship in the late fall of each year
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Venue: Rappahannock River & The Rock Quarry
Registration (must be submitted online by 11:59pm Thursday, October 30th):
- Schedule (PDF)
- Scoring Overview (PDF)
- Race Rules - 2014 (PDF)
- Friday - ACA National Office (503 Sophia St. Suite 100 Fredericksburg, VA)
- Saturday - Old Mill Park (2410 Caroline St. Fredericksburg, VA)
- Sunday - The Rock Quarry (1200 Wicklow Dr. Fredericksburg, VA 22401)
Each competitor can choose up to two classes to race in on Saturday:
- K1 - Long Boat
- K1 - Short Boat
Each competitor can compete in the Team Relay on Saturday afternoon
Each competitor can compete in the SUP race on Sunday morning
- Friday: Practice Day
- Saturday evening: Bonfire and Cookout (bring your own food) at Virginia Outdoor Center
- There will be an overall Men's Championship Team & Women's Championship Team
- Race Video (YouTube)
- Volunteer Information - www.americancanoe.org/volunteer
Stand Up Padldeboarding (SUP) Event:
- On Sunday morning, the ACA will host the collegiate BIC SUP One Design Challenge!
- This race will be included in the overall score for team points!
- All equipment is standardized and will be provided on site: boards, paddles, leashes - just bring your lifejacket
- Simple format, heats of 6 racers on a simple flatwater course, top two finishers per heat advance to the next round, and so on until the finals
- No stopwatches - just paddle hard!
- BIC SUP One Design Challenge - information
- 2014 - Men's: Warren Wilson College Women's: Warren Wilson College
- 2013 - Warren Wilson College
- 2012 - Albion College
- 2010 - Albion College
- 2009 - Albion College
- 2008 - Albion College
- 2007 - Albion College
We would like to thank our sponsors for their continuing support of the Collegiate Race Series National Championships!