This is the premier event for colleges and universities from across the country to compete in canoe and kayak downriver racing. There will be individual as well as team races in kayak and both solo and tandem canoes. Whether you have an experienced paddling program or one that is just starting up, attendance at the National Championships will provide camaraderie, networking, and of course all the fun associated with racing! More importantly, once a student experiences the fun and excitement of paddlesports they will be able to carry those skills and enthusiasm past their collegiate years and develop it into a family and lifetime activity.
Date: March 29th-30th, 2014
Location: Dillsboro, NC
Venue: Tuckaseegee River
- Event Page
- Race Video (YouTube)
- Comprehensive Race Packet (PDF)
- Team Registration (Word)
- Online Registration will be available in February, 2014
- Registration is available on-site, Friday: 5-8:30pm
- Indiviudal Roster (Word)
- Scoring Information (PDF)
- ACA CRS Rules - 2013 (PDF)
Stand Up Padldeboarding (SUP) Event:
- On Sunday morning, the ACA will host the collegiate BIC SUP One Design Challenge!
- It's not for team points, but for FUN and glory! (and individual bling)
- All equipment is standardized and will be provided on site: boards, paddles, leashes - just bring your lifejacket
- Simple format, heats of 6 racers on a simple flatwater course, top two finishers per heat advance to the next round, and so on until the finals
- No stopwatches - just paddle hard!
- BIC SUP One Design Challenge - information
For additional information, please contact the ACA's Competition Coordinator Adam Tremper.
We would like to thank our sponsors for their support of the 2013 Collegiate Race Series National Championships!