The ACA Board of Directors is the governing body of the association and meets three times each calendar year. The Board is comprised of people with a wide variety of skills and expertise, ranging from environmental scientists and legal experts to volunteers and paddlesports safety professionals. Each and every Board member shares a passion for outdoor recreation and involvement in the management of the ACA.
In addition, the Safety Education & Instruction Council, the National Competition Council, and several National Activity Committee's serve in advisory roles to the Board and can make policy recommendations for the Board to consider.
ACA members have general powers and authority to vote on, and conduct certain affairs of the association as described in the bylaws.
All ACA members are eligible to, and encouraged to attend the Annual Membership Meeting each fall.
- ACA National Bylaws - revised 2012 (PDF)
Upcoming ACA Board of Directors Meetings:
- February 21-22, 2015 - Fredericksburg, VA
- June 2015 - Electronic Teleconference
- October 24-25, 2015 - Charleston, SC
- February 2016 - Fredericksburg, VA
- June 2016 - Electronic Teleconference
- Fall 2016 - California
The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors:
- President - Anne Maleady (Massachusetts)
- Vice President - Jim Virgin (Washington)
- Treasurer - Peter Sloan (Colorado)
- Secretary - Tom Pitt (Michigan)
- At-Large - Judge Charles Strauss (Virginia)
- At-Large - Jerry Dunne (New York)
- Sam Fowlkes (North Carolina)
- Roby Hackney (Virginia)
- Robin Pope (North Carolina)
- Bill Micks (Virginia)
- Kirk Havens (Virginia)
- Andrew Tush (Virginia)
- Susan Welchman (Maryland)
- Steve Hutton (South Carolina)
- Bill Banholzer (South Carolina)
- Jim Ditzel (Maine)
- Wayne Stacey - USCG liaison (Maryland)
- Robert Cassar - Sugar Island liaison (Pennsylvania)
Contact the ACA Board of Directors (online)
*If you are interested in learning more about being nominated for the ACA Board of Directors, please contact the ACA Executive Director.