Since the first National Paddlesports Conference in 2008, Instructor Trainers (ITs) and Instructor Trainer Educators (ITEs) have gathered for IT specific Updates. In addition to sessions provided by the SEI Department, this collegial sharing amongst ITs has proven to be extremely valuable.
At previous conferences, specific sessions have included tips and tricks, risk management programs, and on water and classroom components. Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head have even made an appearance! In addition, ITs have received free swag (aka Inflatable BeltPack PFDs from MTI Adventurewear).
Taking feedback from the past several years, for 2013, the IT Update session will be significantly enhanced:
- Entire 1/2 day Instructor Trainer Session on Friday afternoon
- Co-teach an Instructor Update on Saturday with an IT you've never worked with before
- 1/2 day Instructor Trainer Session on Sunday morning
- Unique Tips & Tricks from multiple ITEs
- Collegial Sharing Opportunities
- The latest from the SEI Department and the SEIC
- All the other benefits associated with attending the National Paddlesports Conference