ACA Affiliate Organizations, from the Affiliate Member to the Paddlesports Premier Partner level, have the option of requesting liability insurance coverage for properly registered on-water activities. The insurance coverage for Affiliate Organizations is on an event by event basis.
Affiliate Organization Benefits
How to Video
ACA Affiliates must have current ACA membership (submit the Affiliate Organization Agreement).
To better serve ACA Affiliates, a tiered dues structure has been created:
- $125 - Affiliate Membership
- $500 - Green Affiliate
- $1,000 - Paddlesports Partner
- $2,500 - Waterways Partner
- $5,000 - Supporting Partner
- $10,000 - Sustaining Partner
- $25,000 - Paddlesports Premier Partner
Scheduling your Event
To request insurance through the ACA General Liability Insurance Policy, Affiliate Organizations of the ACA should review the ACA's Risk Management Requirements document and then submit the ACA Insurance Registration Form online or via email, fax or U.S. Mail; Attn: ACA Insurance Coordinator
Under the Affiliate Organization Insurance Program, each individual event requires sanctioning fees, and they must be paid online or accompany the Insurance Registration Form in order for the insurance request to be processed. Insurance Sanctioning fees are $25 per event. An Insurance Registration Form received less than 10 days prior to the start of the event is subject to an additional $25 rush fee. If your event needs to name a third party such as a landowner or government agency as an "additional insured" under the policy, fill out the Additional Insureds portion of the Insurace Registration Form and we will request an insurance certificate for the third party. The fee for each Additional Insured is $20. All fees are non-refundable.
Running your Event
The ACA's insurance program requires Affiliate Organizations to satisfy three requirements on the day of the event:
- The Affiliate must conduct its activity in accordance with the ACA's Risk Management Requirements
- Every participant must sign the ACA Waiver and Release of Liability form prior to participation in your program,
- ACA Adult Waiver & Release of Liability, or
- ACA Minor Waiver & Release of Liability (Under age 18 at the time of registration)
- Every participant must be an ACA member in one of the following categories:
- A current, valid ACA annual membership
- An ACA introductory membership, either pre-existing or purchased at the time of the activity. The Affiliate can sell these memberships to participants on the day of the activity for $15. (information is found at the top of the ACA Waiver)
- An Event Membership purchased at the time of the activity, and lasting for the duration of that activity. Individual Event Memberships are only $5 per person. Affiliates may advance purchase Event Memberships in bulk for $4 each (minimum order 25). Please contact the ACA Membership Department for bulk Event Membership purchases.
Upon completion of the event / activity (within 30 days of the last day of the event), be sure to submit:
- All fees collected at the event
- Original copies of the signed ACA approved waivers (Adult & Minor) for all participants
- Final Event Report Form (submitted online, or via email, fax or U.S. Mail)
- Note: Final Event Report Forms received 30 days after the last day of an insured event are subject to a $25 late reporting fee.
Affiliate Forms & Resources
2013 Affiliate Organization Application (Word / PDF)
ACA's Risk Management Requirements (Word / PDF)
Insurance Registration Form (Online / PDF)
Final Event Report Form (Online / Excel)
ACA Incident / Accident Report Form (Word / PDF)
ACA Waiver & Release of Liability - Adult
ACA Waiver & Release of Liability - Minor (Under age 18 at the time of registration)
For questions and additional information, contact the ACA Insurance Coordinator.