The ACA's Division Insurance Program provides liability insurance coverage for properly-registered on-water activities, and also provides coverage for off-water activities such as fundraisers, banquets, and meetings. The insurance coverage for Divisions is on an event by event basis.
In order for an event to be considered a Division Event, the prior written approval of the appropriate Division Chair is required. Please address your email or letter to the ACA's Insurance Coordinator. The ACA National Office will then review and either approve or deny the event insurance request.
Scheduling your Event
To request insurance for a specific event through the ACA General Liability Insurance Policy, Divisions of the ACA should review the ACA's Risk Management Requirements document and then submit the ACA Insurance Registration Form online or via email, fax or U.S. Mail; Attn: ACA Insurance Coordinator
Under the Division Insurance Program, the individual sanctioning fees are waived. An Insurance Registration Form received less than 10 days prior to the start of the event is subject to an additional $25 rush fee. If your event needs to name a third party such as a landowner or government agency as an "additional insured" under the policy, fill out the Additional Insureds portion of the Insurace Registration Form and we will request an insurance certificate for the third party. The fee for each Additional Insured is $20. All fees are non-refundable.
Running your Event
The ACA's insurance program requires Divisions to satisfy three requirements on the day of the activity:
- The Division must conduct its activity in accordance with the ACA's Risk Management Requirements
- Every participant must sign the ACA Waiver and Release of Liability form prior to participation in your program
- ACA Adult Waiver & Release of Liability, or
- ACA Minor Waiver & Release of Liability (Under age 18 at the time of registration)
- Every participant must be an ACA member in one of the following categories:
- A current, valid ACA annual membership
- An ACA introductory membership, either pre-existing or purchased at the time of the activity. The Division can sell these memberships to participants on the day of the activity for $15. (information is found at the top of the ACA Waiver)
- An Event Membership purchased at the time of the activity, and lasting for the duration of that activity. Individual Event Memberships are only $5 per person. Divisions may advance purchase Event Memberships in bulk for $4 each (minimum order 25). Please contact the ACA Membership Department for bulk Event Membership purchases
Upon completion of the event / activity (within 30 days of the last day of the event), be sure to submit:
- All fees collected at the event
- Original copies of the signed ACA approved waivers (Adult & Minor) for all participants
- Final Event Report Form (submitted online, or via email, fax or U.S. Mail)
- Note: Final Event Report Forms received 30 days after the last day of an insured event are subject to a $25 late reporting fee.
Division Forms & Resources
ACA's Risk Management Requirements (Word / PDF)
Insurance Registration Form (Online / PDF)
Final Event Report Form (Online / PDF / Excel)
ACA Incident / Accident Report Form (Word / PDF)
ACA Waiver & Release of Liability - Adult
ACA Waiver & Release of Liability - Minor (Under age 18 at the time of registration)
For questions and additional information, contact the ACA Insurance Coordinator.