The ACA's Paddle America Club Insurance Program provides year-round liability insurance coverage for properly-registered on-water activities, and also provides coverage for off-water activities such as fundraisers, banquets, and meetings. Participating in the program is like having your own General Liability Insurance Policy at a fraction of the cost.
Paddle America Club (PAC) Benefits
How to Video
Insurance for Paddling Clubs (YouTube)
All current PAC's memberships expire on November 30, 2014. All PACs will receive an email reminder 60 days prior to expiration. Renewals will be mailed 30 days later. Click here for online renewal instructions.
New PAC Enrollment
Before participating in the program, review the ACA's Paddle America Club Agreement & Insurance Procedures below. This document lists the requirements and procedures for participating in the PAC program. It also includes the forms you will need to obtain insurance for your activities through November 2014. In addition, review the ACA's Risk Management Requirements document.
To get started, have your paddling club join the ACA by submitting a signed PAC agreement along with the club's membership dues, which are determined by the size of the club. The 2014 PAC dues are:
- $100 - Less than 50 members
- $150 - 50-99 members
- $225 - 100+ members
When submitting your signed agreement, be sure to include the completed Insurance Registration Form and the Contact Information Form, both found in the 2014 PAC agreement packet. We will use this information to obtain an Insurance Certificate for the club, and to keep the club up-to-date on what's happening with the insurance program.
If your club needs to name a third party such as a landowner or government agency as an "additional insured" under the policy, include the Request for Additional Insureds Form with your agreement and we will request an insurance certificate for the third party. The fee for each Additional Insured is $20.
Scheduling your Activities
Next (or simultaneously), submit a schedule of your club's activities for the year to the ACA's Insurance Coordinator. You may submit your schedule by email, fax or U.S. Mail. Once you submit your schedule, those activities will be covered. You may update your club's schedule any time during the year, so long as the ACA receives notification by 4pm eastern time on the business day prior to the start of the activity.
If, during the year, your club needs a Certificate of Insurance for a specific activity, or needs to name an additional insured for a specific activity, you should submit requests at least 10 days prior to the start of the activity. Requests submitted less than 10 days prior to the event will incur a $25 rush fee. Payments must be made when you submit the club's request. Payment may be made online or by check or credit card.
Running your Activity
The ACA's insurance program requires Paddle America Clubs to satisfy three requirements on the day of the activity:
- The Club must conduct its activity in accordance with the ACA's Risk Management Requirements
- Every participant must sign the ACA Waiver and Release of Liability form prior to participation in your program, or must have a current Waiver on file with the ACA
- ACA Adult Waiver & Release of Liability, or
- ACA Minor Waiver & Release of Liability (Under age 18 at the time of registration)
- Every participant must be an ACA member in one of the following categories:
- A current, valid ACA annual membership, whether through the PAC, through another club, or independently
- An ACA introductory membership, either pre-existing or purchased at the time of the activity. The Club can sell these memberships to participants on the day of the activity for $15. (information is found at the top of the ACA Waiver)
- An Event Membership purchased at the time of the activity, and lasting for the duration of that activity. Individual Event Memberships are only $5 per person. Clubs may advance purchase Event Memberships in bulk for $4 each (minimum order 25). Please contact the ACA Membership Department for bulk Event Membership purchases
Upon completion of the event / activity (within 30 days of the last day of the event), be sure to submit:
- All fees collected at the event
- Original copies of the signed ACA approved waivers (Adult & Minor) for non-ACA members who participated
- Final Event Report Form (submitted online, or via email, fax or U.S. Mail)
- Note: Final Event Report Forms received 60 days after the last day of an insured event are subject to a $25 late reporting fee.
PAC Forms & Resources
In order to submit any of the Online forms below you must following these steps:
2012 -2013 PAC Annual Certificate of Insurance Request (Online / PDF)
PAC Annual Contract (PDF)
ACA's Risk Management Requirements (Word / PDF)
Notification of Events (Online / Excel)
Insurance Registration Form (Online / PDF)
Final Event Report Form (Online / Excel)
ACA Incident / Accident Report Form (Word / PDF)
ACA Waiver & Release of Liability - Adult (PDF / Online)
ACA Waiver & Release of Liability -Minor ( PDF / Online) (Under age 18 at the time of registration)
- Open the form and save it locally to your computer.
- Fill out the form, save it again and close it.
- Upload the completed form to the ACA website.
For questions and additional information, contact the ACA Insurance Coordinator.