The ACA provides a range of recreational opportunities and has been established as one of the premier standards of paddlesports safety and education. As part of the ACA's leadership role, we have initiated this swiftwater rescue conference to target all facets of whitewater rescue for the paddlesports community.
Hover over the SWR Conference tab in the left navigation bar to learn more.
Swiftwater Rescue Conference
- Date: October 9-11, 2015
- Location: western North Carolina
- Venue: Tuckaseegee River
- Facility: Barker's Creek Community Center
- Registration: available online - August 4, 2015 at 5:01pm
- Only 100 spaces will be available
- Cost: $225
Weather Update as of Sunday, October 4, 2015:
We just wanted to let you know that we are monitoring the weather associated with Hurricane Joaquin and the river level for the Tuckaseegee River, where the on-water portions of the upcoming SWR Conference will take place.
As of 10-4-2015, the SWR Conference is still moving forward as scheduled. We will keep you posted via email, and this webpage if there are any changes to the schedule currently posted online.
- The prestigious Higgins & Langley Memorial Fund presented Robin Pope & Sam Fowlkes with their Special Commendation Award for founding this SWR Conference.
- Challenging on-water sessions for paddlers of all experience levels
- Learn from a list of who's who in swiftwater rescue
- Educational sessions for fire and rescue personnel
- High quality land and water educational sessions
- ACA Safety & Rescue Instructor Updates
- SWR Conference Highlights - 2013
- and much more...