The ACA provides a range of recreational opportunities and has been established as one of the premier standards of paddlesports safety and education. As part of the ACA's leadership role, we have initiated this swiftwater rescue conference to target all facets of whitewater rescue for the paddlesports community.
Swiftwater Rescue Conference
- Date: October 13-15, 2017
- Location: Pacific Northwest - Mill City, OR
- Venue: Santiam River, OR
- Fishermans Bend Recreation Site
- North Santiam State Recreation Area
- Registration: available online in June 2017
- Proceeds benefit the ACA's Safety & Rescue Program
- Only 100 spaces will be available
- Cost: $225
Sponsors for 2017:
- If you are interested in sponsoring the 2017 ACA SWR Conference, please click here or contact ACA SWR Conference Chair, Aaron Peeler.
Presenters for 2017:
- The submission for presentation proposals was April 3, 2017. If space is still available, and you are interested in presenting, please contact ACA SWR Conference Chair, Aaron Peeler.
- The prestigious Higgins & Langley Memorial Fund presented Robin Pope & Sam Fowlkes with their Special Commendation Award for founding this SWR Conference in 2013.
- Challenging on-water sessions for paddlers of all experience levels
- Learn from a list of who's who in swiftwater rescue
- Educational sessions for fire and rescue personnel
- High quality land and water educational sessions
- ACA Safety & Rescue Instructor Updates
- and much more...
Previous Swiftwater Rescue Conferences: