The ACA provides a range of recreational opportunities and has been established as one of the premier standards of paddlesports safety and education. As part of the ACA's leadership role, we have initiated this swiftwater rescue conference to target all facets of whitewater rescue for the paddlesports community.
Hover over the SWR Conference tab in the left navigation bar to learn more.
Swiftwater Rescue Conference
- Date: TBD - Late Summer or Fall of 2017
- Location: Pacific Northwest - Dodge Park, OR
- Venue: Sandy River, OR
- Facility: TBD
- Registration: available online
- Only 100 spaces will be available
- Cost: TBD
Host for 2017:
- If you are interested in hosting the 2017 ACA SWR Conference, please contact SWR Committee Chair, Sam Fowlkes.
Presenters for 2017
- If you are interested in presenting at the 2017 ACA SWR Conference, please contact Level 5: ASWR ITE Robin Pope
- The prestigious Higgins & Langley Memorial Fund presented Robin Pope & Sam Fowlkes with their Special Commendation Award for founding this SWR Conference.
- Challenging on-water sessions for paddlers of all experience levels
- Learn from a list of who's who in swiftwater rescue
- Educational sessions for fire and rescue personnel
- High quality land and water educational sessions
- ACA Safety & Rescue Instructor Updates
- SWR Conference Highlights from 2013 & 2015
- and much more...