A spectacular ACA member benefit!
Sugar Island is located in the heart of the Thousand Islands in Gananoque, Ontario Canada, which is an international tourism destination near the St. Lawrence Islands National Park. The 35 acre island is privately owned by the ACA and is available to all members for year round use.
Getting to Sugar Island is as much of part of your trip as your stay. The island is located approximately one mile from the Canadian Mainland. You can paddle out to the island or the great folks at Misty Isles Lodge in Gananoque, Ontario offer a water taxi service to the island.
What to do on an island you might ask? The island is rustic, with no modern amenities. It is a pristine, pure environment with crystal clear water, clean air, and beautiful night skies. Swim, snorkel, fish, paddle, sail, or simply relax.
ACA National Encampment: July 27 - August 6, 2016
2016 Encampment Schedule:
- Opening ceremony will be held on Sunday July 24th
- Monday, July 25th will be BINGO night!
- Tuesday, July 26th – Trustees Meeting 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 27th – camp work day
- Wednesday, July 27th Sugar Island Camp Meeting – Following Colors
- Thursday, July 28th – Swim around the island 9:00 am
- Thursday, July 28th – Encampment Dinner 6:00 pm
- Friday, July 29th – Island Campfire (headquarters)
Encampment Sailing Race Schedule:
- Sunday July 24th opening day - 2pm all classes (open canoe)
- Monday July 25th - 10am and 2 pm 5 meter race
- Tuesday July 26th - 10am and 2pm ACA Class Race
Arts and Crafts will be Monday – Wednesday – Friday of the first week: Time TBA
Additionally, an island clean-up run by Leslie Mengersen is scheduled for the second week run: Time and Date will be announced at the camp dinner!
Sugar Island offers all ACA members the opportunity for a unique paddlesport camping experience.
Stay for a weekend, a week, or a month!