This recreational, all inclusive, 5k kayak, and 1/2 mile stand up paddle board competition will take place on the historic site of the civil war blockade on the Potomac River in Quantico, Virginia.
Quantico Municipal Park
410 River Road
Quantico, Virginia 22134
703-640-7411 or 571-334-3432
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The ACA is proud to present the 2nd Annual
Blockade Run 5k Kayak and 1/2 Mile SUP Race! This recreational, all inclusive competition will take place on the historic Civil War site where in 1861 the Union Navy battled against an insurmountable Confederate cannon blockade. Participants can be provided with a rental kayak, paddle, and life jacket for the race if they do not have their own. All stand up paddle boards will be provided for the SUP Race.
Location: Quantico Municipal Park, Quantico, VA.
Registration for this race includes:
- Race entry.
- Raffle ticket to win a free kayak!
- Introductory membership to the ACA.
- Support for events and expansion of the Quantico Park System.
Adult 5k Kayak Race:
- Kayak participants will be challenged by a 5 kilometer
(3.1 mile) paddle along the open water
section of the Potomac River and Quantico Creek.
- Race in your own kayak or rent one for the competition.
- Enter as a team of 4+ competitors to race for the team award.
Adult 1/2 Mile Stand Up Paddle Board Race:
- Stand Up Paddle Board competitors will take on a half mile sprint course boater cross style!
- Competitors will go head to head in heats of 6 racers on a half mile buoy course.
- Boards and paddles for this race are provided by BIC Sports.
- The BIC Sports One Design Competition provides equality among all competitors by offering the same gear to each participant.
Kids Races (16 and Under):
- Kids will be eligible for both races with one registration fee.
- 1/2 Mile kayak race.
- 1/2 mile SUP race.
- All boats will be provided.
- Adult Kayak 5k: $25
- Adult Kayak 5k with kayak, paddle, and pfd rental: $50
- Adult 1/2 Mile SUP: $10
- Kids 1/2 Kayak and Sup Races: $10
- NOTE* Race day registration will have an additional $5 fee.
*Note* All participants will be expected to wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) while competing.
Awards will be given to the top 3 competitors in each division.
- Adult 5k Kayak
- Adult 1/2 Mile SUP
- Kids 1/2 Mile Kayak
- Kids 1/2 Sup
A team award will also be given to the highest scoring team.
- Teams must consist of at least 4 competitors.
- Scores of the top 4 finishing competitors of each team will be tallied to determine team champion.
Tentative Race Schedule for September 20th:
- 9 - 10:30am Race Day Registration/ Competitor Check-in
- 10:30 Competitor Meeting
- 11:00 Individual Kayak Race
- 12:00pm Team Kayak Race
- 1:30 BIC SUP One Design Race
- 2:30 Team SUP Race
- 4:00 Awards
Special thanks to the Quantico Yacht Club for their support!