This is the third annual conference for the volunteer ACA State Directors.
- Latest Schedule: 6-22-2016 (PDF)
- Puerto Rico Presentation (PDF)
- On Friday evening, we will have a cookout and paddle with all the ACA Instructors in Puerto Rico at Omar's Paddle Paradise
- There are optional paddling activities scheduled for Sunday afternoon/evening, December 4th
- (pre-registration is required; there is an additional fee, you will have to fly out on Monday):
- Option A: Stand Up Paddleboarding in Ponce at The SUP Shack
- Option B: Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Tour in Fajardo with Dragonfly Adventures
- Confirmation of your attendance is required by Friday, October 21st, in order for us to confirm the appropriate room and food service arrangements
- please log in to the State Director Intranet and complete the registration form
Social Media Primer - Become the Social Guru You Are
by Tim Chandler
Everyone knows social media skills are key to driving new customer acquisition in 2016, but who has time to manage it all?? While a plethora of tools promise an easy road to success, how we apply/manage social media matters when our primary goal is to stay on the water with students. We'll cover the 'rules of the road' for social media ethics when working with students/groups, and have a quick overview of three top social media marketing platforms (HootSuite, SproutSocial, and IFTTT) designed to simplify managing multiple profiles and multiple social media networks. You'll walk away with tips and tricks designed to kick start new social media interaction for the beginner along with serious shortcuts for more seasoned social media mavens and those wishing to supercharge their own social media management.
Tim Chandler of TRY Standup out of Dana Point, CA.
Tim Chandler is an ACA L3 Surf Instructor who grew up on the lakes, rivers, and coast lines of Texas and has been in or on the water his whole life. After moving to California in the early 1990's, Tim co-founded an early subscription website called SurfCheck.com which delivered
swell data, live images, and videos that became the backbone of media giant Surfline.com, where Tim served as VP Technology until 2007. Turning from consumer websites to public sector work in 2008 - Tim started and spent six years as GM of Coastalwatch Australia's
CoastalCOMS division, utilizing coastal sensor systems to turn big data from the surf zone into information that empowers life guarding, first responders, and public safety organizations around the world. Working with surf media and lifeguards afforded him the opportunity to surf
and paddle his way around the world, from waves at Bondi Beach to touring and surfing in the North Sea. When not at his day job as a Technical Solutions Architect - Tim is surfing, teaching, and guiding for local shops around his home in Dana Point, CA or paddling with his family and friends in the lakes and canyons of the US Southwest.
Zika Virus Update
Learn more about the ACA State Director Program.
If you are a State Director, please log in to the State Director Intranet for additional meeting details, logistics, and registration information.