The ACA Board of Directors is the governing body of the association and meets three times each calendar year in addition to monthly conference calls. The Board is comprised of people with a wide variety of skills and expertise, ranging from environmental scientists and legal experts to volunteers and paddlesports safety professionals. Each and every Board member shares a passion for outdoor recreation and involvement in the management of the ACA.
In addition, the Safety Education & Instruction Council, the Competition Council, the Properties Committee, and several National Activity Committee's serve in advisory roles to the Board and can make policy recommendations for the Board to consider.
ACA members have general powers and authority to vote on, and conduct certain affairs of the association as described in the bylaws.
All ACA members are eligible to, and encouraged to attend the Annual Membership Meeting each fall.
- ACA National Bylaws - revised 2012 (PDF)
Upcoming ACA Board of Directors Meetings:
- October 21-22, 2017 - Nantahala Outdoor Center, NC
The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors:
- President - Peter Sloan (North Carolina)
- Vice President - Jerry Dunne (New York)
- Treasurer - David Bell (Oklahoma)
- Secretary - Anne Maleady (Colorado)
- At-Large Members (term expiration 12/31/2018)
- Robin Pope (North Carolina)
- Bill Micks (Virginia)
- William Irving (North Carolina)
- Lili Colby (Massachusetts)
- Jeff Rouse (Virginia)
- David Bell (Oklahoma)
- At-Large Members (term expiration 12/31/2017)
- Jerry Dunne (New York)
- Peter Sloan (Colorado)
- Roby Hackney (Virginia)
- Kirk Havens (Virginia)
- Property Committee (term expiration 12/31/2017)
- Safety Education & Instruction Council (term expiration 12/31/2018)
- Steve Hutton (South Carolina)
- Immediate Past President
- Anne Maleady - Past President (Colorado)
- Liaison Members (non-voting)
- Tom Uebel - Sugar Island (New York)
- Ex-Officio (non-voting)
- Wade Blackwood - ACA Executive Director (Virginia)
Board Meeting Minutes:
ACA IRS Form 990:
- FY2014 (PDF)
- FY2015 (forthcoming)
Contact the ACA Board of Directors (online)
*If you are interested in learning more about being nominated for the ACA Board of Directors, please contact the ACA Executive Director.